Contact Us

Claypath Dental Practice

71 Claypath, Durham. DH1 1QT

T: 0191 3865375


Privacy Notice

Our privacy notice informs patients that they can request copies of all our
Data Protection Policies from the practice.

The practice aims to meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018,
the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), the guidelines on the
Information Commissioner’s website as well as our professional guidelines and
requirements from the General Dental Council (GDC).

The Data Controller at Claypath Dental Practice is Miss Nina

The information Governance lead and Data Protection officer is Mr
Mark Muldoon.

The Privacy Notice is available on request. It can be obtained as a paper
copy from a member of our reception team or by email using the practice secure
NHS email address



Compliments and Complaints

We value your feedback on the quality of our care and service.

Our staff strive to offer you the best service possible, we love to hear about your positive experiences with us. We also endeavour to learn from our mistakes.

There are different ways in which you can share your experiences:

1: Ask a member of our reception team to give you one of our our friends and family feedback questionnaires.

2: Send us an email to

How to raise a complaint

We take complaints very seriously and try to ensure that all patients are pleased with the service we provide.  Complaints are handled promptly and with courtesy so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible.

Our aim is to react to complaints in a way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled.  We learn from any mistake that we make and respond to patients concerns in a caring and sensitive way.

Complaints can be made in person, on the phone or in writing.  Mark Muldoon the Practice Manager will attempt to deal with any complaints as and when they occur.

If Mr Muldoon is not available a member of our reception team will be happy to assist, and inform you of when Mr Muldoon will be available to contact you and discuss your concerns.

Once a complaint is raised we will formally acknowledge this within 3 days of receipt.

We aim to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.  Some complaint’s investigations may take longer than others as we may need to speak to several team members.  If it is going to take more than 10 days we will let you know the reasons for the delay and likely period within which the investigation will be completed

We will usually confirm the outcome of our investigation in writing, However, if prefer to discuss it in person or by phone please let us know.

Once we have investigated the matter and if we feel that we can go no further we will inform you that this is our ‘final response’.  This letter will include details of the ombudsman service if you are still unhappy and wish to take the matter further.  


Who deals with Complaints?

When complaints are about administrative processes within the practice in most cases they will be dealt with by Mark Muldoon the Practice Manager.  He may speak to other staff to establish the circumstances behind the complaint.

If the complaint is about a dentist’s clinical care the complaint will be dealt with by the dentist concerned unless the patient does not want this to happen.  In some case’s the dentist may seek further advice, this may delay their response.


We would encourage you to contact us directly to raise any concerns you may have. However, if you do not wish to do so, you should contact one of the parties below who will be able to assist you.


NHS patients only:

Centralised Complaints Dept for NHS England.

T: 0300 3112233

Email: england.complaints/


Private patients only:

The Dental Complaints Service

The Lansdown Building

2 Lansdown Road


Greater London


T: 08456 120 540 or



NHS and Private patients with a complaint about professional misconduct only


Wimpole Street



T: 020 7167 6000


What should you do if you want someone to handle the complaint on your behalf?

Contact ICAS T: 0808 802 3000


If you are unhappy with our resolution.

Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman

T: 0345 0154033

%d bloggers like this: